Home > Public Health > 60 new medical colleges to be set-up across India during 2012-17

60 new medical colleges to be set-up across India during 2012-17

November 30, 2012

The union government, in partnership with the state governments, is planning to open over 60 medical colleges across the country during the 12th five-year plan period (2012-17).

The union government will fund 75 per cent of the cost while the respective states will bear the rest 25 per cent.

The union government has responded favourably to a proposal of the Odisha government to open four medical colleges in the state. The medical colleges would have 100 MBBS seats each to begin with.

“We have proposed to convert four district headquarters hospitals into medical colleges under the new plan. We are hopeful the plan will materialize,” said the state health secretary Pradipta Kumar Mahapatra.

Advertisements
Categories: Public Health
%d bloggers like this: